Blog 6
1) America is far from a utopia, it has a plethora of issues that plagues it today. The issue I find the most concerning has to be the over cuddling of our youth. This is a trend that I have realized over the past couple of years that I now believe has become a full blown problem. Schools and even Recreational sports leagues are declaring everybody a winner. Well, I have news for the people making these official decisions, the real world does not call everything a tie. There has to be competition as well as winners and losers for our youth to truly understand what it is like when they get out of there little bubble of elementary school. Yes, I concede it may hurt a kid's feelings if he or she loses, but this is where I believe it can be a lesson. Kids need to learn to dust themselves off when they are knocked down. This makes them tougher, and then in a generation our society becomes less wimpy. I talked to my mom who is an elementary school teacher the other day and she said she is under strict orders to give everyone prizes for trying. Sometimes, merely trying is not enough. Competition brings out the best out of people, giving them prizes for losing is just wrong and is a root of greater problems in America today!
2) I have many pet peeves within the bounds of my life. One, more than any other, has to be slow and horrible drivers. I mean really, some people need to retake their license test. It amazes me how some people drive, I must get cut off at least twice a day when I am driving. I have had a couple close calls on the road and I promise every time it has been the other persons fault. There are people out there who turn out of streets when I am barreling down the road. Then, even worse than the idiots on the road, there are the people who drive like they are the tortoise in the race. Honestly, the hare will win that race every time in real life, and that is what people on the road do not get. I understand it is not safe to drive 70 in a 35 zone, but come on people, 35 does not mean you have to go 30. I have to get where I have to get, and I enjoy doing it quickly. But, there are always road blocks, and I cannot stand a person who drives like a "grandma." I have only had my license for about 5 months now, but I can guarantee that my driving I.Q. is highers than half the people I encounter on the roads. So, in conclusion, if one thing really is to grind my gears, it is the clueless drivers on the road today!
3) Ok well I have an under-the-radar underdog food for the best in the area. Little Caesars Pizza has Hot-N-Ready cheese or pepperoni Pizza for only 5 dollars! This is a whole large pizza for five bucks, it already has a leg up on the competition. Its price is unbeatable, but its quality is also top notch. It is hard to expect such good pizza so cheap, but it is. It is always smoking hot when you take the first bite. The sauce is unbelievable! It is so rich and complements the cheese very nicely. It is located just outside of Blue Bell, so for all the people that live in Ambler of Lower Gwynedd take the trip down to Little Caesars. To go along with awesome pizza at a low price, the name of the place is epic. It is named after the great Julius Caesar, yet it has a logo of a funny guy with a shaft and pizza. This pizza needs to be marketed better. A lot of people in my area will argue for Palermo's or Carmine's pizza, and both are great options but they still are not as good as the cheese pizza at Little Caesars. This pizza is life changing. I would eat that blend of amazing melted cheese on top of sweet sauce with a classic thin crust all day!
Cody, it seems like you got a lot of venting out here. I am glad you blew off some steam but wow you get angry easily! In your first entry you kind of sound like a soar loser, and I disagree with what you are saying. I think that people understand when they do not lose. Why would you try and make them feel worse than they already do? No one should ever shove it in someone else's face that they won. They should be able to win with pride and class. They should be able to say "good game" afterwards. Yes, they can be happy about it, but they should not have unsportsmanlike conduct. I mean they understand they they did not get 1st place, clearly they got a medal that said 2nd on it or nothing at all. So relax yourself, especially if you are talking about little children.
ReplyDelete