Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blog 7

In the last six months I have been won over by country music.  Just about two years I was dead set against this type of music, but then it began to grow on me.  I understand there are two very distinct groups when it comes to this type of music, there are the people who love country and then there are the people that absolutely cannot stand it.  Well, I am showing the love for country music.  There are a plethora of artist and sounds within the broad genre of country.  There is more of a "new school" country that has taken over the radio with artist and groups like Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley,  Rodney Adkins, Zac Brown Band,  and Lady Antebellum. This is much more engaging music than old fashioned banjo-stringing music that comes to some people's minds when they think of country.  I really love country music because it is real.  All of the songs and artist can actually sing, as opposed to some of these popular hip hop and R&B artists.  Another feature that makes country music appealing to me is there is great variety among songs.  There are serious, deep, emotional songs that inspire and engage me.  Then, there are the fun-loving, good time, happy, up tempo songs that are great for the summer time or to brighten my day.   92.5 XTU is the Philadelphia country music station, and I believe they do a great job playing the right combination of songs all day long.  It is very rare for anyone to hear a song repeat within an hour of the first time it is played.   I believe that all people can really get behind country music and enjoy it as much as I do.  This kind of music is much more down to earth, and so our its artists.  They will never sing about there bank accounts and how many chicks they did, nor will they walk around like that. It seems today, a lot of the top artists dress in shiny expensive clothing with plenty of bling on the side.  Country artists are so cool and unique in that they are seen in jeans and white tee shirts more often than not.  They provide an image of a common person and that should attach people to their art as well.  I like many different types of music and do not mean to dis hip hop, because that has some good songs and singers, but if a person really wants to change up their music they should heavily consider country music.  It is very engaging and any person can relate to it.    

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cody my man I'm loving this tribute to the good ole country music. I would agree with your point about country singers not talking about money and girls and using foul language and stuff because you are 100% correct. Country singers are so chill and I love how you mentioned Rodney Adkins because Take A Back Road is the best song ever!!! It's got such catchy lyrics and I always find myself singing along. Although, you hate it when I do that haha. Alright well good post and I look forward to your future responses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cody, I found your blog very engaging and interesting to read. I never knew that you felt so passionately about country music, I think it is great! I was never a huge country fan but I agree with everything you have to say. Every country artist has their own unique style, and not a lot of people recognize that. I was dead against country music before as well. Then, when I started to listen to some of it, it was actually really pleasant and fun! I love that it reminds me of the summer at any time of the year. I love the simple style that country artists have as well because it shows that you don't have to wear some fancy clothes to show off, their true talent does it for them.

    ReplyDelete